CityTeam is a Christian non-profit dedicated to supporting communities by meeting immediate needs and enabling lasting solutions for those struggling with poverty, homelessness, and addiction. Being part of CityTeam is not just a career but a calling. Whether we’re working on the front-lines in Programs or working behind the scenes in Support Services, we feel privileged to use our education, experience, and gifts to love people and bring glory to God.
As the first point of contact, the Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator will represent CityTeam in person, over the phone, and via email. You will interact with volunteers and work behind the scenes coordinating details so that we can run our programs. Our new Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator must be professional and have the soft-skills necessary to answer questions, direct calls, and advocate for CityTeam. The Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator will have a wide variety of tasks that fall into three categories. You will coordinate our volunteerism, oversee our Gift in Kind donations, and provide administrative support to our team. It is important for our Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator to have the organizational skills necessary to prioritize and support multiple people, projects, and deadlines. Our ministry is often unpredictable, so we are looking for someone who can pivot quickly and deal with surprises and unexpected twists with grace. Our ideal candidate will have the gift of administration, a servant’s heart, and the desire to serve those in need.
The Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator is a 20-hour a week non-exempt position wrapped up in a Christian environment that values Teamwork, Accountability, Humility, Innovation, and Joy.
1. General Administrative Duties: answer phones, handle correspondence, open and distribute mail, and run errands.
2. Coordinate Gift in Kind Donations
- Seek donations
- Schedule pick ups and drop offs
- Maintain driving schedule and pick ups for dinner service
- Process, secure, and store GIK donations
- Collaborate with the corporate GIK & Program Stats Manager to track and report data
- Distribute GIK donations in accordance with ministry activities
- Oversee GIK donation drives (BTS, Hygiene, Bags of Love, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and clothing
3. Volunteer Coordination
- Manage Volunteer Hub and volunteer stats
- Send monthly emails to volunteers
- Follow up volunteers to get feedback
- Populate CityTeam SF events in the Corporate Office Events Calendar
- Recruit, equip, mobilize, train, and deploy volunteers
- Support Mission Teams and Volunteer Groups by assisting with registration, welcoming, and following up to get feedback
- Create high quality volunteer experiences by providing outstanding customer service and follow through
4. Support the team by processing and submitting reimbursements, expense reports, invoices, time sheets, and purchase orders in the weekly packet to Finance.
5. Provide outstanding customer service to staff, residents, and guests.
6. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and intelligently delegate.
7. Advocate for CityTeam with those in your circles of influence.
8. Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director of CityTeam San Francisco.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Some college coursework
• Minimum 2-years of administrative experience
• Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Outstanding command of the English language, especially writing professional documents and business correspondence
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience using a volunteer management database or CRM database
• Experience in the field of procurement
• Experience in the Customer Service industry
• Familiarity with CityTeam, homelessness, or poverty
• Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean record
• Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, kneel & twist
• Walk up and down stairs
• Talk and hear
• Occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds
• Should be able to type accurately with a minimum 45-CWPM
• Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• This job operates in a professional office environment
• The office is located at the ministry center in the inner city of San Francisco
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
• Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday 9:00 am-1pm with occasional evenings and weekends, as needed
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for CityTeam Ministries
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
• Must have compatible theology on major issues of CityTeam's Statement of Faith
• Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Job Title: Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator
Area/Location: Executive / San Francisco
Reports to: Executive Director, CityTeam San Jose
Classification: Assistant / Regular / Part-Time 20-hours / Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $17 hour, DOE