Job Posting CLOSED
Director of Men's Programs
CityTeam is a Christian non-profit dedicated to supporting communities by meeting immediate needs and enabling lasting solutions for those struggling with poverty, homelessness, and addiction. Being part of CityTeam is not just a career but a calling. Whether we’re working on the frontlines in Programs or working behind the scenes in Support Services, we feel privileged to use our education, experience, and gifts to love people and bring glory to God.
The Director of Men’s Programs is a key leadership position for our San Jose Men’s Programs. In addition to overseeing CityTeam Renew, Turning Point, and Connect, the Director of Men’s Programs has the responsibility of managing the day to day operations of our residential program, CityTeam Renew. San Jose is our flagship location, and the Director of Men’s Programs is a highly visible leader in the community. The Director of Men’s Programs is ultimately responsible for the strategic operations of our residential, emergency services, food service, and intern programs. The Director of Men’s Programs will provide supervision and coaching to program staff and provide spiritual leadership to all stakeholders. The Director of Men’s Programs will work closely with the Senior Director of Residential Programs on strategic initiatives to ensure we are providing best-in-class programs. Our ideal candidate will provide expertise in the field of residential programs, be passionate about sharing the love of Christ, and value relational wholeness, speaking truth in love, and holding each other accountable.
The Director of Men’s Programs is a full-time exempt position. Beyond salary, CityTeam offers a great benefit package, including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Retirement Benefits. All of this is wrapped up in a Christian environment that values Teamwork, Accountability, Humility, Innovation, and Joy.
1. Oversee and manage operational elements of CityTeam Renew, including scheduling, supervision, and maintaining policies and procedures. Work with Senior Director of Residential Programs on strategic initiatives to replicate and scale programs.
2. Ensure implementation and effective functioning of CityTeam’s “The Way Out” Program, including the Big Book, discipleship tracks, 12-steps, life skills, overcoming obstacles, and educational, vocational, and recreational programs.
3. Develop, implement, and maintain program policies and procedures for care, assessment, and services; develop appropriate integrative protocols, quality metrics, tracking, and auditing tools.
4. Supervise programming and processes for recruitment, intake, eligibility, and assessment of the residential, emergency services, food services, and intern programs.
5. Responsible for leading regular meetings with the Operations Manager, Case Managers, interns, and volunteers to assist in developing action plans and case management strategies for the residential, emergency services, food service, and intern programs.
6. Oversee the Internship Program for the Men’s Program in San Jose; work in conjunction with the corporate Intern Program Supervisor to create and structure placements that benefit the interns, providing appropriate skills and trainings; ensure requirements are met, and notify the Intern Program Supervisor of concerns or necessary terminations in a timely manner.
7. Create and foster an environment that is conducive to building trust and unity as well as high motivation and achievement and conduct regular staff meetings and personally disseminate information regarding organizational change, budget, ministry philosophy, and training opportunities.
8. Ensure all programs are compliant with all legal requirements by staying on top of appropriate laws, ordinances, and best practices. Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with probation, parole, and social services agencies.
9. Work in collaboration with the Senior Director of Residential Programs to establish and manage budget.
10. Responsible for the management of department personnel including selection, program orientation, training, mentoring, timely evaluations, and discipline; review schedules for effective coordination; assign and provide guidance for all case managers and volunteers; oversee scheduling for residents and community interventions; and ensure accuracy of resident coordination.
11. Oversee medical and dental programs.
12. Utilize effective discipleship strategies to encourage spiritual growth for staff, volunteers, interns, and residents and guests. Oversee spiritual mentorship program.
13. Collaborate with the Operations Manager and Development Team to create and foster positive experiences for donors and volunteers.
14. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and intelligently delegate.
15. Work with Human Resources for support with staffing issues, including recruiting, discipline, leaves of absences, safety, and incident reports.
16. Ensure all paperwork and bills are processed in a timely manner according to the guidelines established by the Finance Department.
17. Maintain accurate and up to date record keeping and provide reports as necessary.
18. Support CityTeam’s fundraising strategy and events.
19. Build relationships with key volunteers and donors, speaking at churches and events as necessary. Oversee chapel services.
20. Represent CityTeam at various city, county, and agency meetings and networking events to build mutually beneficial relationships.
21. Advocate for CityTeam with those in your circles of influence.
22. Other duties and special projects as assigned by the CityTeam Leadership Team.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
● Degree in Social Services, Counseling, or relevant professional experience
● Minimum 10-years’ experience working with, mentoring, our counseling in the field of addiction and homelessness
● Minimum 5-years of leadership experience supervising and managing staff
● Knowledge of chemical addiction and relapse prevention principles
● Computer literate and proficiency with G-Suite
● Professional written and spoken communication skills
● Capable and comfortable speaking to large groups of people
● Committed to healing and restoration
● ServSafe Food Handler’s certification
Preferred Education and Experience
● Master’s degree in Social Services, Counseling, or related field
● FT, MSC, LADAC, CCAPP-111, or another specialized license or certification
● Familiarity with CityTeam, addiction, and homelessness
● Experience leading interactive process group therapy sessions
● Experience with Judicial Systems
● Experience working in a non-profit environment
● Valid CA driver’s license with a clean record
● ServSafe Manager’s certification
● Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
● Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
● Regularly walk up and down stairs
● Talk and hear
● Occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
● Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
● This job occasionally operates in an emergency shelter environment
● This position will occasionally interact with residents and volunteers in a professional kitchen and be exposed to typical items such as a stove, knives, chemicals, slippery floors or surfaces, etc.
● This role occasionally uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
● This role will occasionally need to maneuver in tight quarters amongst donations, rolling racks, shelving, storage containers, stacked boxes, and a conveyer belt
● Days and hours will vary, depending on ministry needs
● Need to be available to handle emergencies outside of the regular workday
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for CityTeam
● Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
● Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
● Must have compatible theology on major issues of CityTeam's Statement of Faith
● Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Job Title: Director of Men’s Programs
Area/Location: Men’s Programs / San Jose, CA
Reports to: Senior Director of Residential Programs
Subordinates: Operations Manager, Case Managers, Interns, Residents, Guests, and Volunteers
Classification: Director / Full Time / Exempt
Salary Range: TBD