Camp MayMac is a year-round retreat facility located in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. We are currently looking for a Facilities Supervisor to join our hospitality team. We have a small staff and a huge property, so the Facilities Supervisor will play a huge role in the overall operation and ultimate guest experience. The Facilities Supervisor will be responsible for the care, maintenance, and upkeep of our beautiful facility. You will take care of most of the facility and maintenance issues yourself, but you will also need to assess, prioritize, delegate to skilled volunteers, and build relationships with professional vendors to handle items that are outside your expertise.
Our Facilities Supervisor should be organized and experienced in equipment, vehicle, and facility maintenance. You will be able to evaluate problems and stay on top of multiple projects from start to finish. The Facilities Supervisor will be the first person of contact whenever something goes wrong, so we need someone who can handle emergencies in a calm manner. The Facilities Supervisor will need to be able to work independently and with others, always keeping safety a top priority. The Facilities Supervisor will work under the guidance and management of the Executive Director of Cityteam San Jose. This position is perfect for someone who is gifted in the trades and desires to grow in scope and responsibility.
1. Ensure safety of all facilities and safe work-practices by all staff and volunteers.
2. Oversee all preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance projects.
3. Perform skilled labor in construction, plumbing, electrical, equipment maintenance, carpentry, painting, grounds maintenance, and other areas related to the facilities.
4. Develop and maintain a list of needed repairs and improvements, obtain materials, and personally complete, delegate, or outsource projects.
5. Maintain the scheduling, assignment, and accountability of all facility tasks.
6. Ensure pool is properly maintained, including pool water balance, pumps, and structure.
7. Research, select, and utilize vendors for additional repair and maintenance needs.
8. Ensure all paperwork and bills are processed in a timely manner according to the guidelines established by the Finance Department.
9. Establish and maintain preventative schedule for all vehicles.
10.Safely operate loader/backhoe.
11.Assess, prioritize, supervise, or perform repairs on vehicles and machinery.
12.Train and monitor staff, volunteers, or contract workers in maintenance safety, procedures, and equipment use.
13.Maintain operating expenses within approved budget.
14.Prepare proposals for special projects and capital acquisitions.
15.Advocate for Cityteam in your circles of influence.
16.Additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Cityteam San Jose.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 3-year minimum experience in equipment, vehicle, and facility maintenance or repairs
· Computer literate
· Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean record
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experience working in a non-profit organization
· Supervisory experience
· Stand for prolonged amounts of time
· Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Push 100 pounds
· Lift and carry 75 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
· Must be able to give clear directions, orally and written
· Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
· This position will work some evenings and weekends, depending on ministry needs
· This position will need to be available via phone or email to address emergencies
· This position regularly works outside and will be exposed to a variety of weather, including rain, heat, and cold
· This position regularly works outdoors and will need to hike on uneven surfaces, climb hills, and maneuver on dirt and mud
· This position is frequently exposed to cold, heat, steam, fire, and noise
· Occasionally around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
· Occasionally around chemicals typically found in a professional kitchen or pool
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
· Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
· Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Area/Location: Camp MayMac / Felton, CA
Reports to: Executive Director, Cityteam San Jose
Subordinates: Volunteers and Contractors
Classification: Supervisor / Regular / Full Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $21-hour, DOE