The Information Technology Director is responsible for all technology operations for Cityteam Ministries. You will oversee a small team and manage the entire organization’s technology operations. This includes our current locations in San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco, Oregon, and Philadelphia, our remote staff throughout the United States, and future locations. As a non-profit ministry, it is important we find someone who can wear many hats, including providing expertise with IT and computer systems, analyzing and solving problems, and managing and motivating people. In addition to managing day-to-day issues, you will provide outstanding customer service to our non-technologically savvy employees. You will need to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within budget, time, and under the expectations of the ministry.
Cityteam is looking for an experienced IT Director who feels called to serve in ministry, using your experience to serve God’s kingdom. The IT Director interacts with all departments and must ensure good stewardship and protect highly confidential information. Our ideal candidate is someone who is willing to do whatever is necessary to support the frontline ministries, including meeting with the Executive Leadership Team to discuss budget matters, crawling on the ground checking connections, climbing ladders to pull cables, and working with other teams to streamline processes and improve communication.
- Oversee all technology operations and resources and evaluate them according to established goals. These include but are not limited to:
- Donor Management systems
- Financial Systems
- Computer and Network Security
- PC Support
- Supervise, manage, and train IT staff.
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the President and Executive Leadership Team.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Hands-on repair and design of all aspects of network, system, software, and user support.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and report to President and Executive Leadership Team.
- Oversee maintenance of hardware.
- Control budget and report on expenditures.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Evaluate and determine outsourcing opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
· 4-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
· Minimum 8-years’ experience in technology field
· Minimum 3-years’ experience in leadership or management role in IT field
· Proven experience in an IT management role
· Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and specifications
· Sound understanding of network design and security, VoIP Phones, VPN, G-Suite, VM-Ware, Salesforce NPSP, and remote site support
· Experience creating, managing, and controlling an IT budget
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication skills, including communicating with non-technology savvy employees
· Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
· CA Driver’s License with a clean record
Preferred Education and Experience
· Advanced degree preferred
· Evidence of continuing education, including certifications, is a plus
· Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
· Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· Talk and hear
· Finger and hand dexterity to operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· This job typically operates in a professional office environment
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
· Days and hours of work will be typical business hours with occasional weekends or evenings for special events or in case of emergencies
· Occasional telecommuting is permitted with prior approval
· This role may need to drive to locations throughout the Bay Area
· This role may occasionally need to travel to our Oregon and Pennsylvania offices
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
· Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
· Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all possible duties, activities, or responsibilities. These requirements may change at any time. The signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
Area/Location: Executive / San Jose, CA
Reports to: President
Subordinates: Two Full time IT Staff
Classification: Director / Full Time / Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $85k, DOE